- James T. Dennison has recently put out a new book that looks very interesting: Reformed Confessions of the 16th and 17th Centuries in English Translation: Volume I, 1523-1552. Dr. Dennison also did a lecture on these confessions available here. The lecture is somewhat dry, but very informative. (HT: JHG)
- Dr. R. Scott Clark posted a series on True and False Education (Parts 1, 2, & 3). I don’t always agree with Dr. Clark, but I thought this was helpful in thinking about what seminary I want to go to in a few years.
- Dr. Galyon has been posting a lot lately on the necessity of regeneration BEFORE one can come to saving faith: You Must Be Born Again, Theology on Thursday, Stirring the Fly’s Nest.
- Dan Phillips is giving us his opinion on the “Altar Call” system in Altering Altar Calls. I agree with him. The very idea that we would have need of an altar in our churches today is nigh on blasphemous and so is the idea of there being a place in the church where prayers are more effective and it being essential to come forward in a church and pray with a pastor to be saved.
- I read a couple of posts from Dr. Clark today, that I am just not sure about: Ministers All? and Does Acts 8 Provide a Warrant for Every Member Evangelism? I am not sure what to say about these. I would appreciate someone else reading them over and discussing them with me!
- Is Barack Obama the Anti-Christ? Watch the following video: Did Jesus Reveal The Name Of The Anti Christ?
After reading this post by Dan Wallace, Is Obama the Anti-Christ?, I have decided that while he still may be, the linguistics in that video sure don’t prove it!