June 12, 2009

Some Links

I was doing some catching up on blog reading today and came across a couple of them that I though I would post here.

 

  1. Frank Turk over at Pyromaniacs wrote a very good post (including the posts in the comment section) on what is biblically expected of men desiring the position of elder/bishop/pastor – he must be blameless.  After reading this I am more convinced that I should not be a pastor – yet.  Desiring that position is a good and noble thing, but a pastor should be a model of godliness, and I am not that.  I am growing in Christ, yes, but I still have a ways to go.
  2. Over at Reformation21, Guys Waters posted a good review of N.T. Wright’s new book, Justification: God's Plan and Paul's Vision.  I have not read the book yet, but would really like to.  If nothing else, so that I can be more aware of the teachings of Wright, who is one of the most influential scholars of the day.
  3. Also, I discovered a new blog today.  It is called Cal.vini.st.  In honor of his first anniversary, he is giving away two free copies of BibleWorks 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, but, please, no inappropriate language.