September 20, 2008

I Believe in the Holy Spirit

Holy Spirit This coming Sunday Evening (9/21/2008) we at FBC Monroe City Youth Group are going over the first proposition in the third paragraph of the Apostles' Creed, which says "I believe in the Holy Spirit."  As a starting place, I am using the 53 question of the Heidelberg Catechism:

Question 53. What dost thou believe concerning the Holy Ghost?

Answer: First, that he is true and coeternal God with the Father and the Son; secondly, that he is also given me, to make me by a true faith, partaker of Christ and all his benefits, that he may comfort me and abide with me for ever.

As you can see, this is a good outline of some of the basic elements of who the Holy Spirit is and what His role is in our lives as Christians.  From this I have extracted the following teaching outline:

 

Blog Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment, but, please, no inappropriate language.