September 19, 2008

The ESV Study Bible

In my ministry and in my personal studies I use the English Standard Version (ESV) of the Bible. In my preparation for preaching I nearly always go back to the original language and make a fresh working translation of the text. In nearly every instance that I have found, it is one of the most accurate translations. It combines translation accuracy with literary beauty. Now, Crossway (the publisher of the ESV) is coming out with the ESV Study Bible. From what I have seen of it, I am very excited and can't wait to get my hands on my own copy. Below is a video from Crossway publishing promoting the study bible. The host of the video is Tullian Tchividian, the grandson of Billy Graham.




1 comment:

  1. I would like to buy a copy sometime. I may just buy the hardcover and use it as an reference. I may just stick with my Macarthur Study Bible for my main use Bible
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, but, please, no inappropriate language.